In four years, Bill’s leadership with council’s support has meant positive results for us!
Getting around town:
- Secured final funding to complete the Berlin G. Myers Parkway
- New sidewalks
- More Pedestrian crosswalks
- Added parking downtown
- Synchronized the traffic lights on Main Street
- Hop on and off Trolley service
- Adopted a real plan to deal with growth input with over 500 of our citizens
Keeping us safe:
- Established a state of the art communication system for the town’s police department
- Secured funding for a new fire station and technologically advanced new fire truck
- Hired new well trained firefighters and created a new training site
- Improved our local court system by hiring new judges and adding more court rooms
Quality of life:
- Free Wifi downtown
- Expanded town’s recycling services
- Expanded Farmer’s Market
- Movies in the Park
- Added Springview Lane Park in Oakbrook, remodeled the Cuthbert Community Center and refurbished the Jessen Boat Landing. Annexation of Colonial Dorchester State Park into the town, giving Summerville one of the oldest historic sites on the east coast.
- Was an advisor to the Donnelley Foundation
Bill has also improved benefits for town workers and saved the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars by paying our bills early and being fiscally responsible.
There’s more work to be done and Bill Collins is the only candidate committed to moving Summerville forward.